Terri Lee Cooper Msc. RSW
Creating a better life begins with developing an interest in human nature and behavior. My blatant intention is to sway you towards a solution focused approach, rather then a traditional pathological one. When we become curious about what works we expand our possibilities. This puts us in a position to become solution focused experimenters, making what we know about psychology work for us.
Below is a small sample of resources that I believe are ideal for the beginner. I have included book suggestions and video summaries. If a particular resource appeals to you I encourage you to invest in the book.
My hope is that as you explore the resources you will become as fascinated by human nature and behavior as I am. I also hope that you will begin to see life challenges as surmountable when we make the deliberate choice to become active learners who can influence ourselves.
1. Willpower: Rediscovering the Greatest Human Strength -Roy F. Baumeister, J. Tierney
2. The Power of Habit-Why we do what we do-Charles Duhigg
3. The Psychology of Persuasion-Robert Cialdini
4. The 48 Laws of Power-Robert Greene
5. Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking-Susan Cain
6. True Type Tales: Real Stories About the Power of Personality Type in Everyday Life -Patrick L. Kerwin
7. The Upside of Stress-Kelly McGonigal
8. The How of Happiness: A Scientific Approach to Getting the Life You Want-Sonja Lyubomirsky
9. 7 Habits of Highly Effective People-Stephen Covey